This trainer is designed to work ONLY with recumbent style handcycles that have foot rests attached to the fork, and extend ahead of the front axle. This WILL NOT work with upright handcycles with footrests on the main frame, or handcycle attachments to wheelchairs.
SportCrafters is revolutionizing the way competitive para-cyclists train with the OverDrive Handcycle Trainer. The lightweight, portable trainer does not require removing the footrests like stationary trainers, and thus allows for the most effective body position during training.
The OverDrive Handcycle Trainer, powered by ARC Technology, automatically adjusts in resistance as the rider changes speed – no manual adjustment necessary. In higher speeds, the OverDrive Handcycle Trainer will ramp up the resistance (more than the Mag version) to realistically mimic road riding conditions. This trainer is perfect for the active handcycle customer who wants to maintain fitness while riding indoors.
Easily adjusts to various footrest widths, and optional Rhythm accessory helps to offset any fore-aft motion.
Used by everyone from novices to advanced athletes, to the fastest handcyclists in the world (we made special trainers for the world land speed record holders)!
- Patented ARC Technology provides real-road resistance
- Requires no installation – simply roll on and off the trainer to use
- Rhythm accessory allows trainer to move with fore-aft motion, thus eliminating the “rocking” effect
- Does not wear tires like stationary trainers, so can be used with high quality tires during race warm-up
- 100% designed and manufactured in Granger, Indiana, USA
- Lifetime warranty
- See the Product Manual for assembly, precautions, and care and maintenance information.
- Aluminum drums: 3.25" (82.5mm) diameter, 1/8" (3mm) wall thickness
- End caps: Molded polycarbonate
- Drums are lathed on the axle for precision runout and balance
- All drums are dynamically spin balanced, and will not distort in heat or sunlight
- Bearings are greased and sealed, and do not require maintenance
- Steel framework is zinc-plated and powder coated for ultimate durability
- Rider weight limit: None
- Folded dimensions: 21" x 4.25" x 10" (53.3cm x 10.8cm x 25.4cm)
- Unfolded dimensions (may vary with setup of handcycle): 21" x 17" x 23" (53.3cm x 43.2cm x 58.4cm)
- Shipped dimensions: 22" x 10" x 4" (55.9cm x 25.4cm x 10.2cm), weight 9.5 lbs (4.3 kg)
This product contains chemicals, including Acrylonitrile, Bisphenol-A and Methylene chloride, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm